This image from the FindAccountingSoftware’s daily lead report is a pretty accurate representation of 95% of web leads who contact consultants “looking for a quote”.
These are not requests for quotes – they’re requests for free consulting and invitations to undercut an existing provider without the ability to know the background of the customer.
- Already have a quote from a provider
- Looking for a second/third/fourth bid
- No budget for any type of discovery – expect VARS to quote blind despite complexity
- Have a third party – IT manager, outside consultant – playing gatekeeper
- Stringent requirements, unrealistic budget, unrealistic timeframe
- Not interested in an ongoing consulting relationship