I just spotted this response to a question about whether an Act! consultant should make the time to attend Sage Summit in Nashville this year (August 12-17, 2012).
The answer was unusually cogent – and worth a repeat here:
via Alex Taylor – Sr. National Channel Sales Manger – Sage ACT!:
1. You have the opportunity to attend two, three-hour preconference workshops:
a. One geared towards the technical side of your brain—Streamlining Any Sage ACT! Deployment Scenario: Before, During, and After. This is a bring your own laptop/hands on session.
b. The other towards successfully running your consulting practice—Getting Your Small Business Unstuck: An Interactive Workshop with Entrepreneur Barry Moltz. Barry has spent several hours getting to know our Sage ACT! resellers personally and will be fully customizing his session for our channel!
2. Not only will you hear from Sage and outside subject matter experts, including best-selling author Lisa Ford, your fellow ACCs will share their best practices on:
a. Social Media
c. Sales and E-marketing
3. The agenda was built by our Sage ACT! resellers. We surveyed the community at large and fully implemented the suggestions we received, so this is truly a Sage ACT! reseller-built conference.
4. No death by PPT! That’s our commitment to you this year! 75% of the workshops, lunch and learn roundtables, and breakout sessions will be hands-on.
5. You can celebrate the 25th anniversary of Sage ACT! at the ACC exclusive mixer happening the first night of the conference where you can celebrate this milestone and mingle with other Sage ACT! resellers! Plus, you’ll receive a special edition anniversary shirt at this event.
View the full Sage ACT! agenda here: www.act.com/sagesummit2012 (Ed. Note: Someone missed the “No death by PPT” memo as this links to a PDF of what appears to be a big ole’ PPT…)
Register here: http://na.sage.com/sage-summit/Register-and-Plan-Your-Trip
Sr. National Channel Sales Manger – Sage ACT!